Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jelly Cupboard Build Day 3

I spent a few hours in the shop tonight and got some things accomplished.  I was able to get all the all the dados routed out for sides.  These are my first ever dados.  I did okay.  They are a little loose in some spots and a little tighter in others.IMG_3411_1024x768

I clamped the two sides together and marked the dados and then routed.  One thing I stared doing to improve the dados after the first one was to cut on the inside of the of the lines and make micro adjustments.  I kept a scrap piece of the shelf to test fit in the dados to make sure I had not over done it.   I also had to rabbet the back of each side so that it will accept the boards for the back that will be attached.IMG_3418_1024x768   Here are a few pictures of that the back looks like.  I spent a little time dry fitting the frame together and was pretty happy.  IMG_3419_1024x768

 

 

 

 

IMG_3414_1024x768

IMG_3415_1024x768

I stuck a level on it just to check it and see if it even came close.  I am pretty happy with it of course it doesn’t really make a hill of beans at this point since it is just being dry fitted but there is potential there.  Hopefully in the next day or so I can get things glued up and assembled.  I cut the face frame pieces to short so I had to re-cut them.  Glad I tested that out before I glued or nailed anything together.  Shouldn’t be to much longer. 

I also wanted to let everyone know about another project that I am going add to the list before a few others.  I am hopefully going to be working with a local primitive store to build some shelves benches, etc.  Here is a picture of one of the designs that I am going to build for them.Single Bowl Shelf

I would love to know what you all think.  It’s a single bowl shelf.

 

 

Have a Great Day!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...