Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What am I doing?

I am currently reading Make Your Own Guitar by Melvyn Hiscock.  I am prepping myself as best I can for my first guitar build.  This is hopefully the start of a Career.  I’m hoping that over the next 10 years I can develop my skill at building guitars and make a Full Time career of it.  It’s a tough business to get into especially competing with the Big dogs out there but I still believe there is a good market for Custom Built and Hand Built Guitars both Acoustic and electric.  Like most things I have decided to just teach myself at least in the beginning.  I’m sure I will take some classes down the road but for now it’s full steam ahead. 

Tomorrow night I plan to go into the shop and finally knock out the post on Tuning a Miter Saw.  I hope to have that up tomorrow night or Thursday.  Once that post is done I will start on the WIWW Nightstand build and start the post with that.  I want to break up each section into it’s own post so you have a step by step guide to building the nightstand.  Sorry it has been taking so long on this.  I know I got everyone all excited with the Series.  I had some really great responses.  April is about over and all of my commitments are mostly taken care of so I can spend some time focusing on the series and getting it done right for you. 

On a side note….   In a jonesing for something woodworking I tackled a new type of woodworking tonight.  Well not so much new as it was adapting some current skills into producing something else.  I am excited about it and will post about that as well in the future but for now it is going to be a closely held secret.  I think you will find it interesting as well.  Tonight was mostly prototyping and figuring out how I wanted to do things.  I still have a lot of figuring out to do on the project but think I am well on my way. 

I also got to spend sometime in the shop with Grover Jr. tonight.  We had a Parent/Child Project that we completed tonight from Home Depot.  It was a little shelf kit with the number 20 Home Depot Car.  Pretty neat.  If you want to spend some quality time with you son or daughter I highly HIGHLY recommend the Lowes Build And Grow Program.  I took Grover Jr. to one a few weeks back and we built a Kaleidoscope.  There was just something very cool about spending sometime with him just the two of us sharing something that I love with him and seeing him enjoy it. 

Here are some pictures after a successful morning of building.

IMG_3481_1024x768 IMG_3482_1024x768 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3483_1024x768

 

 

 

 

 

He is a trip.  We never could get him to stop making faces.  I really totally so don’t know where he gets it from.

IMG_3739_320x240

Have a Great Day!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...