Tuesday, December 14, 2010

my only collection

I’ve never been a collector.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  I’m more inclined to purge items rather than hold onto them (which I sometimes regret later). 

But I do have one collection of sorts:

magazine1

Growing up, I admired the pages of the decorating magazines my mom would bring into the house from time to time.  I remember when Country Living magazine was all about “homespun”, and I watched their progression throughout the years with anticipation and delight.   Right out of highschool, I paid for my first subscription of House Beautiful.  Little did I know, that would be just the beginning of a burgeoning collection.

I owe a lot of my decorating ideas to the plethora of design magazines out there.  They all feed me a monthly diet of inspiration, which contributes heavily to “my disease”. 

magazine2

I was crushed when some of my favorites closed down.  Sniff.  I still miss them so.  It makes me treasure the back issues I’ve kept, and makes me all the more grateful for the magazines still up an running. 

magazine4

Never would I have dreamed that my own home would ever be highlighted in one of these.  

magazine3

So imagine my surprise when Romantic Homes featured my blog in their January issue!  Best of all, I’m surrounded by some of my favorite bloggy friends. I’m downright giddy about the whole ordeal and will likely stay beaming for quite a while.  

What a way to add to my collection!  Thank you Romantic Homes.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...