Monday, January 24, 2011

3 days & 3 bottles of lemonade later…

cleaning1

I’ve been busy in my laundry room since my last post.  Melanie inspired me with her Ikea bottles.  But since the nearest Ikea is three hours away, we opted for some sparkly lemonade instead, French style: 

lorina

Who knew Mom organizing the cleaning supplies would be so tasty?  Drink up kids!

cleaning5

Distilled water, vinegar, and mineral oil are my tried and true solutions.  I used my label maker to mark them, so there is no guessing what’s what. 

Handy labeling trick:  if you put a space in between each letter, the labels come out more interesting.

cleaning11 
Above my machines, we have Oxy Clean spiffed up in a pretty jar with some gifted homemade soaps sitting beside.  Mrs. Myers is my splurge, and since she’s already dressed so nicely, I left her as is.

cleaning4

And hanging below is my version of a clothes line. 

cleaning12

I had my son fetch me a stick from the woods, and we hung it with twill ribbon on each side.

cleaning3

I’m always hanging unmentionables in the oddest places.  But now I won’t have to. 

cleaning8

Oh, and while we’re in here, you’ll notice my inside-out lampshade has a new home, which was the by-product of our bedroom switcheroo

cleaning2

The hooked rug came from my Grandma Mable’s attic. 

cleaning9

Not really.  But I like to pretend.  

cleaning10

It really came from Uncle T.J. Maxx.

cleaning2

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...