Sunday, March 27, 2011

SUNDAY POETRY: "YOU SEA!"


YOU SEA!
Fragment: SONG OF MYSELF
by Walt Whitman

You sea! I resign myself to you also—I guess what you mean,
I behold from the beach your crooked fingers,
I believe you refuse to go back without feeling of me,
We must have a turn together, I undress, hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft, rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet, I can repay you.

Sea of stretch'd ground-swells,
Sea breathing broad and convulsive breaths,
Sea of the brine of life and of unshovell'd yet always-ready graves,
Howler and scooper of storms, capricious and dainty sea,
I am integral with you, I too am of one phase and of all phases. 


I think the photo might also be by Jason Wingrove. Found it here.

You might remember another lovely Jason Wingrove shorted I posted a while back, called Sea Pool.

The song in the video: "The Swimming Song" by Loudon Wainwright III.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...