Sunday, April 17, 2011

a little of this, a little of that

sterlingbedroom8

Did you think our bedroom looked a little bare in the last post

floor4

Yeah, me too. 

sterlingbedroom1

So I added a little bit of this and a little bit of that. 

sterlingbedroom2

Romantic touches here and there.

sterlingbedroom11

Like these crewelwork framed pieces passed down from two generations.  They add a sweet vintage touch:

sterlingbedroom16

And this darling purse belonged to my grandmother who recently passed away. 

purse

Whenever I dress up I really do use it.  It always makes me think of her and the elegance she exuded.

purse3

Do you dress like your house?  I do.  At least conceptually. Simple with a feminine twist… that’s me.

shoes

I used an old battery crate turned upside down to serve as an ottoman.  The chair is from Wisteria:

sterlingbedroom13

Oh, and I painted the bed on a complete whim.  I woke up one morning and decided it needed to be our island color

sterlingbedroom14

But now I think it’s a little too light.  And not quite right.

sterlingbedroom1

But good enough for now.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...