Saturday, November 26, 2011

Girl’s Day Out

I was so excited to have the opportunity to meet fellow bloggers today in my neck of the woods.  It was my first ever blogger meet-up.  Technically, we were all strangers, but it didn’t feel like it.  A few of them I felt like I already knew through reading their blogs.  Funny, but true. 

It was the magnificent Marian (Miss Mustard Seed) who sent the invite for Raleigh locals to meet for a day of fleamarketing.  Not only were there decorating bloggers, but also some Miss Mustard Seed fans as well.  I qualify for both.  :) I should have gotten Marian’s autograph as I’m certain it will be worth gold one day.  Big things are happening for her, and I’m so thrilled to witness her journey.

So… I didn’t bring any cash, since I was only there for the social aspect.  Ahem.  What do you know?  They take checks.  I was forced to bring home a few treasures…a vintage hamper (the coolest one I’ve ever seen), a wicker night table (fabulous lines), and some old Victorian shutters.  I would have brought home more loot had the other ladies not been the first to spot it!  :)  I’m not bitter.  Nope.  

Here were the blogger stragglers left over at the end of the day… taken at SuzAnna’s Antiques:

blogger friends

From the left to the right:  me (hi!), Marian (Miss Mustard Seed), Tammy (Tattered and Timeless), Fiquet (Farmhouse to  Home), Brittany (Pretty Handy Girl), and Kristen (Sophia’s Décor).  Click on ‘em and visit.  So happy to have met these talented and creative chickies today!  Thanks Marian for the girl’s day out… a rare but fun treat for me.  :)

By the way, our floors are in!  I must say, I’m enjoying our improved living conditions.  Although, I miss the crickets

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...