Sunday, April 1, 2012

Home…

The girls and I are home now.  The construction project isn’t done, however.  We even had many extra helping hands from loving friends, but unfortunately it was an even bigger job than we anticipated (hmm, that’s becoming a theme ;).  But it doesn’t matter.  I’m happy to be home with my whole family again. 

As I sit here with sweet Bailey in my lap (he missed me), there is not one ounce of pretty around me.  To be more specific, there are metal ladders hovering over me, the furniture is displaced, construction dust covers every conceivable surface, and the yard is littered with debris from last week’s demolition.  But I’m at peace. 

There truly is no place like home.  I’ve said it before, and I’m saying it again… a peaceful home is not how it’s decorated.  Aesthetics merely add to what’s already there. That’s why I named my blog “Home & Harmony”… there is so much more that goes into creating a happy space besides the pretties you put into it. 

It’s about the people that inhabit it, and the way they interact… the way those individuals are secure because they know that everyone around them loves them deeply and has their best interest at heart.  It’s about Who they serve, and understanding that life isn’t about serving oneself, but about serving God, and thus each other. 

The fact of the matter is, this world is passing, and our eternal home awaits.  I’m thankful for the beautiful home that God has given me on this earth, and I’m not talking about the physical structure…but about the seven other people He has placed in my life, and for Him being the center of it all.  That is home.  Amen.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...