Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I’m Thankful For

Charlotte_Sterling

I could start a whole blog based around all the things I'm thankful for (maybe that's not such a bad idea).  Even the hard things in life are blessings in disguise, if we choose to look at them that way.

Today, I'm reflecting back two years ago where I spent Thanksgiving Day in Poland.  I was in Warsaw, finishing up the final weeks of the adoption of our new daughter.  The rest of my family had already gone back home, and I would have been stuck in a hotel room alone with Charlotte if it hadn't been for two other American adoptive families, who invited me along to share in their Thanksgiving festivities. 

So, we feasted on Pierogies and expressed thankfulness together for the blessings of  the three special needs children sitting around the table with us that day.

This year, we are spending Thanksgiving with good friends.  Between the four families celebrating together today, 11 of the children have been adopted. 

So today, once again, I'm reminded and thankful that "God sets the solitary in families..." Psalm 68:6 and "He defends the cause of the fatherless.." Deut. 10:18. 

evacharlotteface
Thank you Lord for caring for these little ones.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...