Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beauty at the Barbershop

barber1

They just don’t make things like they used to.

barber7

Which is why I’m so drawn to antique stores and the like… 

barber3

Always on the lookout for that extra special piece.

barber6

Well, this has got to be our most unique find yet.  An old barber shop mirror turned sideboard. 

barber2

This piece has replaced our old mantel.  Yes, that same one we installed not too long ago.  (embarrassing)

barber5

Plans not tended to tend to change.  Needless to say, the fireplace insert project never happened.  But this barbershop piece fits in better with our new demolition plans.  Stay tuned!

Several little birdies have congratulated me on being mentioned in the Flea Market Style 2011 magazine:

fleamarketstyle2

But I have yet to get my hands on it!  It’s not from lack of trying.  For two weeks now I’ve combed the racks and nada!  Even yesterday!  I’ve only had a sneak peak from Urban Farmgirl:

urbanfarmgirl

To say I feel honored is an understatement.  Thank you so much Flea Market Style!  I chose Revival Antiques in Raleigh as my favorite place to shop.  They started out as a booth at the Raleigh Flea Market, but now have a showroom and warehouse in downtown Raleigh. 

The showroom has a mix of accessories and furniture that they have repurposed:

showroom

But the warehouse is my favorite part…stuffed full of treasure just waiting to be polished up… or beat up, depending on your style ;)  My kind of shopping:

warehouse

I have bits of Revival sprinkled all throughout my home.  The barbershop piece being the latest, but definitely not the last.

barber1

To learn more about Revival Antiques, click here.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...