Sunday, October 3, 2010

2 packages, 2 shops, 1 announcement

You gotta love it when the mailman rings with two packages in tow.  Especially when those two packages come from two special ladies.

goodies4

Do you recognize this silver compote?  It was first spotted on Miss Mustard Seed’s blog.  She just opened up a new shop and posted some of her beautiful vignettes.  I wish so badly I could visit in person… maybe one day!  If you click on this link, you’ll see I’m the first comment inquiring about her beautiful bowl.  When there’s a will, there’s a way.  She was so kind to ship it.  I just love it.  I adore everything she does.  So very talented and so very sweet.

goodies3

And have you heard the news?  Maria, from the exquisite Dreamy Whites blog is opening an online shop this month.  I’m so excited, as it’s going to be filled with all kinds of French goodness.   I can’t tell you how wonderful her package smelled when I opened it!  Lavender pillows, lavender soap, lavender stems and a lavender colored antique bottle to top it all off.   I have little pieces of Maria in every corner of my house now, and it makes me smile.  :) 

goodies2

On the topic of shops, my own Etsy store is about to close.  I have one more batch of the popular Recipe towels to sell next week, but after that, I’m saying goodbye to all the burlap and linen piles stacked up around here. 

It was a fun summer venture for me, but I find any time left over at the end of the day (or in my case, the middle of the day), I’d prefer to spend it doing what I love most.  Which is… decorating my home and making it a peaceful haven for those who live in and visit it.

I do daydream of having a brick and mortar shop filled with all the things I love.  One day.  But for now, for me, this isn’t the season.   So I live vicariously through my friends, and I don’t mind it, not one little bit! 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...