Monday, October 11, 2010

Give Thanks in French

Imagine my delight when I discovered the French translation for “Give Thanks”.

givethanks2

Rendre grâce.  Dual meaning in English, how about that?  It’s perfect, that’s what!  I had to implement it somehow.

givethanks4

For $10, I bought an old shutter from my favorite local junk shop, and took a chance that Citrasolv would work not only on fabric, but wood too.  It did!

givethanks3

Next up… cutting the shutter in half so it looks like a sign in the end like this:

givethanks5

Perfect  for Fall, but a good reminder the rest of the year too.  Now where to hang it?  Any ideas?

p.s. many have emailed me asking where to purchase Citrasolv, as it’s not the easiest thing to find.  I bought my bottle at a local art supply store for around $6.00, but Amazon carries it here as well… but unfortunately for more than twice the price.  A little goes a long way though, if it’s any consolation.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...