Monday, August 9, 2010

Simple Meals

I’ll never have a cooking blog.  It’s just not my thing.  I’d much rather be decorating.  But one thing I’ve learned in the last 15 years of marriage is that cooking is not only a handy skill to own, but a very necessary part of life.  

I’ve worked around my defect by choosing recipes from this site.  I  look for ones that have hundreds of 5 star reviews because I figure if that many people in the world wide web like it, then it’s bound to please everyone here. 

My children like to experiment in the kitchen, and I fully intend on working myself out of a job in the cooking department.  Until that glorious day arrives, Mom’s in charge which means simple meals most of the time. 

And one of our favorites that we have almost every week is Roast Sticky Chicken.  Recipe and photo found here.

chicken

This chicken is mouth watering.  Everyone loves it.  We cook two whole chickens.  The first day we serve it with mashed potatoes.

And the second day, we serve the shredded chicken over this:

rice

Yes, that's a package.  I told you I’ll never have a cooking blog.  But if you could only taste this Trader Joe’s frozen concoction of yumminess, you would see that convenience food sometimes has its place.  And in our case,  every week.  The whole family loves this meal. 

Along with our weekly chicken dishes and almost all our other dinners for that matter, we serve up our side of veggies via a fresh salad.  Usually Romaine with our favorite homemade dressing we got from here.

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 olive oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup, agave or honey
1 tsp. dijon mustard

Simply good.  (and easy)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...